Today begins National my Social Security Week. Social Security will host numerous events and activities across the country to raise awareness about the benefits of opening a secure online
Social Security will host numerous events and activities across the country to raise awareness about the benefits of opening a secure online my Social Security account.
With a my Social Security account, you can:
- Keep track of your earnings and verify them every year;
- Get an estimate of your future benefits, if you are still working;
- Get a letter with proof of your benefits, if you currently receive them; and
- Manage your benefits:
- Change your address;
- Start or change your direct deposit;
- Get a replacement Medicare card; and
- Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.
In some states, you can also request a replacement Social Security card online using mySocial Security. This service is currently available in the District of Columbia, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Wisconsin. It’s an easy, convenient, and secure way to request a replacement card online. To request a replacement card online, you must:
- Have or create a my Social Security account;
- Have a valid driver’s license in a participating state or the District of Columbia (or a state-issued identification card in some states);
- Be age 18 or older and a United States citizen with a domestic U.S. mailing address (this includes APO, FPO, and DPO addresses); and
- Not be requesting a name change or any other changes to your card.
SS will provide updates when the service becomes available in additional states.
During National my Social Security Week and in conjunction with Financial Literacy Month, we will hold “Check Your Statement Day” on Thursday, April 7, 2016 to encourage others to join the millions who regularly check their Social Security Statement. By supporting ourThunderclap campaign, you can join us to rally the public and use social media to encourage workers to check their Statement every year. This is important because we base your future benefits on your recorded earnings. Your Statement can help you plan for your financial future. We encourage you to go online to my Social Security to access yourStatement whenever you have a change of employment or wish to verify any changes in your benefit estimate.
Help secure your today and tomorrow. Open a my Social Security account atwww.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.
another tax toll from sacramento cpa tax prep islip + company